The Gospel is the Power of Yahuwah

Thursday, August 18, 2005

Questionnaire Evangelism

Dear friend.

Thanks for taking a looking at my blog. You'll be one of the first. I've been staying in Norway for 5 weeks now. And the Lord has impressed upon the fact that if I really am to live of the gospel I'll have to preach it. Now I have no problem talking about preaching it, but preaching it is another thing. I have an added problem, I don't speak Norwegian. But hey most of the young people in Norway speak a little English, even if the old people don't. And I've had the distinct impression that the Norwegian Church is top heavy. It might just be my circles, but it seems to be a problem. So how do I stop sittiing on my laurels and start sharing the gospel. Going down to the street corner and sounding the trumpet is not such an attractive option when it seems that Porsgrunn is a town with -5 people per square meter. But what is the possibility. Well I've been watching the Apprentice and Donald Trumps little army. I am most impressed with their creative ways of dealing with their 24 hour deadlines. Why am I not using my talents for Jesus Christ? He is after all not only my employer but the saviour of my soul? Well I was wondering and praying and I know you can pray about a thing until the Kingdom comes(quite literally) but the time comes when a man has to be embarrassed at the hours the Apostle Paul put into his work. A man has to stand up and do something!. No more talking abiout the call but living the call. But how do I talk to these guys without then running a mile and looking at me funny? I dreamt two days ago that I created a questionnaire. As usual Yahuwah gave me Acts 4 with Peter sharing the gospel. The only purpose of my questionnaire is to give the people a chance to "hear" the gospel. So I got up and designed a questionnaire. I did not ask the people: Do you believe in God? But I wrote John 3:16 and asked, Do you believe God loves the world?. I did the same with Acts 4, Romans 3:23 and Romans 6:23 and Romans 10. God is assumed in the whole questionnaire. It had one purpose: Give the people a chance to hear the gospel. This was mu alternative to writing a letter to many Pastors and Churches asking for support. I want and need support. But I really need to preach the gospel. I need to do the word of Yahuwah. Well I quickly printed off my first set of 40 questionnaires. I would have done 70 if it were free, but when I found out it was half a kronor a copy I dropped it to 40. May the Lord forgive my focus on "all these things will be added unto you". Half the time I act like a hirleing, may Yahuwah forgive me. We must get the gospel to the young people of Norway. They need the gospel.How will they hear without a preacher. Well in one day I had perhaps 20 conversations in English. And at least 20 people had heard and thought about John 3:16. That was yesterday. I met backsliders and communists, rebels and young innocents. They shared there thoughts on the gospel, not on preliminaries. Now I have names to be prayed for, so maybe I'll share there thoughts with you one day. Meanwhile please pray for:Espen B, Caroline B, Irena Y, Adam, Tiina O, Dennis K, Per, Kim B, Annabel H, Liv G, Kyo K, Karine T., Tord, Stefan, Soban, Morten, Camilla B, Eda S, Dangne G, Anita A, Fryer U. You may be wondering how I got to speak to all these Norwegians. Well it varied. First I would gently approach, me a 5 foot 11 black guy from London, I would say "Excuse me do you speak English". Those who said no were immediatly missing the opportunity of hearing the gospel. Those who said "yes". I would ask "Would you mind filling in my questionnaire?" "What's it about?"Religious beliefs, I've heard that Scandinavia has one of the lowest percentage of believers in all western countries.
I'm an atheist
Thats ok that's exactly what I need to hear about.
They accept my invitation and we're off.
Or I would hitch and the dirver or their friends would answer my questions and I would fill them in. I filled out three questionnaires with drivers. One was a backslider and one was a priest of some Hu regligion. And one had a best friend who was a believer. All conversations extended beyond the journey time by 15 minutes to perhaps 45 minutes.
I had one person who was in the state Church pray a thorough prayer commiting her self to Jesus. After this I'm sorry to say but like Philip the Evangelist I pray for her and entrust her to Yahuwah, who does hear and answer prayer.
So folks I hope this is encouraging.I sow only the seed of the gospel. Yahuwah gives the increase. We who are evangelists must PREACH the gospel.The rest of you:PRAY for us and your friends. We are sent to your friends!Pray for my new acquantances to receive protection from the devil's deceptions and that the Lord of the harvest will send other messengers to them.
The Grace of Jesus be with you all!
PS I have a gospel website:yeshuaisyahuwah.blogspot.comThis speaks the gospel in Israel
all the best Edi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home